National Women’s Athletics It was the best team in Colombia in the Copa Libertadores that was played in the country and after taking an important third place, the Purslanes left their mark, since their history in this branch does not last many years, but they showed that they are taking giant steps.
Now, a month after the continental competition ended, the IFFHS (International Federation of Football History and Statistics) determined that the Atlético Nacional women’s team was placed within the top 10 on the continent, according to the club’s performance in the last 12 months. The purslanes occupied exactly ninth position.
Although there is no stable professional Women’s League in Colombia, Atlético Nacional only had to play in the Libertadores to be in that important ranking led by the recent continental champion, Corinthians.
This is how the IFFHS ranking for women’s teams looked like:
1. Corinthians – Brazil 392 points
2. Palmeiras – Brazil 352 points
3. Santos – Brazil 216 points
4. Railway – Brazil 208 points
5. University of Chile – Chile 189 points
6.I nternational – Brazil 184 points
7. Sao Paulo – Brazil 176 points
8. Colo-Colo – Chile 174 points
9. Atlético Nacional – Colombia 174 points
10. Boca Juniors – Argentina 171 points