Summer has to be one of the greatest times of a student’s life. The weather is warm, the sun is shining, and everybody is able to leave their school work behind. As summer continues it gets harder to discover new, enjoyable activities to partake in with friends and family. If you’re ever stuck in a rut about what you could do, just take a look at the list down below. You won’t ever be disappointed with the outcome.
- Load up the car and go see a movie at a drive in. For those who have never been to a drive in movie, you need to go. They’re literally so fun and it was my favorite thing to do during the summer as a child. Kearney used to have a drive in theatre, but it was destroyed in a tornado. There is a drive in theatre in Alliance that’s pretty great!
- Take a date to go play miniature golf. My parents used to do a lot of fun things with my siblings and I before we grew up and miniature golf was one of these activities. Let’s face it, mini golf is perfect for spending time with your family and friends. It also makes the perfect date!
- Go and pick apples from an orchard. If you have never gone to an apple orchard, you’re really missing out. It may sound boring and to be completely honest, I thought I was going to hate it. But, I ended up having the time of my life. Take a group of friends and hit up an apple orchard. Just remember to be respectful when you’re on someone else’s land.
- Stargaze while laying in the grass. If you’re one of those people who likes to have quiet and peaceful nights, this might just be the perfect thing to do. Nothing is more peaceful than just laying down on a blanket and looking up at the stars. It allows your mind to wander and sets your imagination free.
- Set up a tent and go camping. Even if it’s just in your backyard, camping can be pretty fun. It doesn’t matter if you’re an outdoorsy person or not, camping can be what you make it. You don’t have to “rough it,” but it can be one of the best activities to do with friends.
- Make a summer playlist. Is there a song that you just can’t get out of your head? Does it define your life just perfectly in the moment? You should consider making a summer playlist. It can be filled with the songs that are the most important to you at the time or it could just made out of anything you’ve heard and liked. Creating a playlist is a great way to express yourself.
- Ride a rollercoaster at least once. Truth is, I’m deathly afraid of rollercoasters and I have been for the longest time. But every once in a while, I’ll go to the county fair and talk myself into an absolutely terrifying ride. In the end I’m always glad that I did so. So, if you’re like me and you’re afraid of rollercoasters, forget that fear and get on one.
Go outside and catch fireflies. My family used to do a lot of things together, and a few of my most enjoyable memories are of my cousins, siblings and I catching fireflies. I don’t know what was so intriguing about those little bugs, but we were all completely fascinated. If you used to do this, relive your childhood and go ahead and catch a few fireflies.