- What are you looking forward to this year at KHS?
- Where are you from?
- What are your hobbies or what activities do you enjoy doing?
- What new ideas are you bringing into your classroom?
- What drew you to Kearney? Or, if you’re from here, what convinced you to stay?
- What made you want to be a teacher?
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
- What’s your favorite song and why?
Mrs. Buescher’s answers:
1) I am most looking forward to building relationships with the students and staff at Kearney High and being part of this amazing learning community!
2) I was born and raised in western North Dakota. I moved to Nebraska to finish my undergraduate science education degree at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and fell in love with the people of Nebraska and our wonderful state.
3) My hobbies include gardening, playing piano, cooking and practicing yoga. I also enjoy sewing and refinishing furniture.
4) I am excited to bring NASA resources and connections with UNL faculty and staff into the science classrooms at KHS.
5) Family connections originally drew me to Kearney, however, the opportunities and people of Kearney are the reason I stay.
6) I wanted to be a teacher because I am inspired by learning and I wanted to share my love of learning with other people. I am honored to be part of the educational journey that my students are on.
7) If I was an animal I would be….wow–this one is hard 🙂 If I was an animal I would be a hummingbird.
8) I don’t have one favorite genre of music- I listen to everything: oldies, rock, rap, country, and classical. Music is a big part of my life and I choose what I listen to based on my mood and what I am trying to achieve. If I’m at school or trying to focus, you would hear me listening to contemporary piano music like that of Jon Schmidt. If I’m in my classroom prepping a lab activity or at home hanging with my kids, it’s more likely that you will hear country music or me rocking out to bands like AC/DC. If I want to feel connected to my home or family, I turn on my John Denver pandora station or James Taylor.
9) I have so many favorites, but I guess if I had to pick my go to favorite- it would have to be James Taylor’s “You’ve Got a Friend”– although Fall Out Boy’s “Uma Thurman” and Walk the Moon’s “Shut Up and Dance” were stuck in my head all last week 😉 I would pick James Taylor’s song as my favorite because it reminds me of my mom and it’s how I try to live my life– always being there for the people I care about and for.
Mrs. Childress’s answers:
- I am looking forward to working with the students and getting to know the KHS climate.
- I am from Litchfield, NE.
- I enjoy spending time with my family and playing volleyball.
- Discussion and group work so students learn from each other.
- My home town is only about 30 minutes from here and I have always thought of Kearney as a very nice town.
- I wanted to become a teacher because I love working with students and helping them to achieve.
- I enjoy most children’s songs because I sing them with my two sons.