- What drew you to Kearney, or if you’re originally from here what about Kearney do you like?
I went to college at UNK. I like the small town feel while still being in a bigger town.
- Do you have any hobbies outside of school?
I’m an avid reader. I’m also hoping to join Platte River Singers.
- What about this school year are you looking forward to the most?
Getting to know the kids and their interests.
- Is there any new or fresh ideas you want to bring to the curriculum throughout the year?
Looking for ways to add new kinds of technology to the curriculum.
- What made you want to become a teacher?
My mom was a teacher. While in high school and college, teachers challenged me and made me lean towards education.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
I would be a dog; they’re loyal, friendly and always ready to go. That’s how I hope to be with my students.
- What’s your favorite song of all time?
My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion
- Do you have any embarrassing or fond memories from when you were in high school?
I performed my speech and had to fake cry in front of so many people from my school.
- If you weren’t a teacher, what else would you you be doing?